New Syntax Album

Hey fellow Flukesters!

I am very proud to be able to present you with a short update on the upcoming Syntax Album. Mike Tournier gave me his permission to disclose that he has just finished mastering the new album. The current working title is "Tri-Polar".

So it seems, as if there is not much work on the album left now, so that we all can hope for a release not very far away this year. Thanks a lot Mike for your kind support!

We will keep you updated.

jUSTIN cREDIBLE

Post to Twitter

This entry was posted in Syntax. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to New Syntax Album

1. Lolly Gobble says:

That is just smashing news! Who is he working with this time? Jan Burton again?

2. Heya Lolly Gobble,

yes he is working with Jan Burton again ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Tim says:

Great news, looking forward to it. I suppose they’re still looking for a label then?

Also, there was some talk of opening a forum on this site some time ago, any news on that? ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Bloody Loon says:

YES! Syntax is FINALLY soon to be releasing the follow-up to the best electro album of the last decade! 6 years later, and they’re finally doing it!!! You guys have no idea how much I’ve been looking forward to this!

5. Fantastic news! Cannot wait. All the new material on myspace sounds smashing :O)
    Thanks for keeping this glorious website alive!

6. Hi All, excellent site. This site is a tour de force of fansites. I’ve been a big fan of Fluke for a long time (too long), and finding a site like this is wonderful. Ta. Reading between the lines I hope the band might read it too, so I could tell them my 4yr old daughter is already a fan and her favourite track is “Life Support” from “Six Wheels…”. She likes the wee beep. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I do have one agonising question, if anyone can help?
    Where did the band get the ethereal sample of the lady singing used on “Oh Yeah”. It’s the same one used on Leftfield’s “Song of Life”. It’s driving me nuts. Anyway…My favoutite track is…wait for it. Bjango-Luckey Monkeys. Fell in love with it for the gated pads a long time before I found out my fav band (Fluke) and the producers of my fav track were one and the same. Synchronicity or what? I felt totally vindicated when I found that out. “Look everybody, I DO have great taste in music!” Hehe..
    Thanks Guys, I love the groovy way you do what you do what you do. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rob

7. Hi Big Bird,

thanks for your nice comment. You sure have a great taste of music ๐Ÿ™‚
    The Original Version of Bjango is definitely an awesome track.

Regretfully i can’t help you with the vocal sample problem – the same question came up a lot of years ago at the FML, when somebody realized, that the sample is the same as in the Leftfield song.

Tap your troubles away

jUSTIN

8. quantize says:

You guys do realise Bjango is created from the Fluke remixes of Bjork right?

btw I realise that’s not the particular sample you’re actually referring to!

9. Sorry ยด@quantize for being late, but we were just touring….

I honestly don’t think, that Bjango was created from any Bjork remix – which Remix are you referring to mate?

Nevertheless – Switch Twitch was very obviously created from the Rolling Stones Fluke Remix “Out of Control” ๐Ÿ™‚

All the best

JC

10. quantize says:

play Hyperballad (The Hyperballad Fluke Mix) and Bjango one after the other..

? the ‘guitar’ sounds..(the strummy one AND the filtered repeated riff)

? the big ‘boom’ tom drum

pretty obvious

11. Mhh – you are right, those are obviously the same instruments/ sample/ FX.
    Cool – i never noticed that ๐Ÿ™‚

Justin

12. Leslie says:

Well… I hope the album will be here by the end of the year (which is very close now)….

Any new updates lately? Not a wee bit of information? I have been waiting for a new album since I discovered about Meccano Mind, in 2006.

Leslie

13. Steevtee says:

Bjango and V6 (from Wipeout 2097/XL) also have a very similar structure. I wonder if Bjango was re-made into V6 specifically for Wipeout?

14. Andy says:

I would like to know that too. The only thing that changed since the last album proclamation is their Myspace channel. But only in colours, there’s no new music, no additional information. That’s really poor and sad. I’d like to know wheter there’s new ear input or not!

15. Leslie says: